The week that was
The week that was
See what our Members of Parliament, KAP Leader and Federal Member for Kennedy – Bob Katter, KAP State Leader and Member for Traeger – Robbie Katter, Member for Hill – Shane Knuth and Member for Hinchinbrook – Nick Dametto did this week.
Katter’s Australian Party
Bob Katter, Federal Member for Kennedy
Robbie Katter, State Member for Traeger
- Hosted a number of constituent meetings in Mount Isa this week, covering a wide range of issues and concerns
- On Tuesday, Robbie self-flew to and from Dajarra to attend the Dajarra Town Meeting with Centrex
- That evening he attended very-well known Father Mick Lowcock’s 70th Birthday celebrations at the Christen Lumi Centre in Mount Isa
- On Wednesday he dialled-in to the December Charters Towers Flying Fox Advisory Committee meeting to ensure serious action was being considered to solve Charters Towers’ long-running flying fox issue with State Government money acquired by the KAP in 2016
- This week Robbie hit back in the media on a number of important issues affecting rural and remote Queenslanders, including the very upsetting closure of the state’s last two agricultural colleges
- Attended the very entertaining Tom Curtain show while he was in the Isa on Thursday evening
- On Friday, Robbie accompanied his dad, Federal Member for Kennedy Bob Katter, up to Doomadgee to attend the funeral of a very well-respected community member
Shane Knuth, State Member for Hill
- Attended the Mission Beach Meals on Wheels AGM.
- Visited Petals & Pinecones Coffee & Creativity in Atherton to promote the great coffee and delicious smashed avocado
- Presented the Trevor Christian Memorial Award for Technology at the Herberton State School P-10 Annual Presentation night.
- Dropped into Woolworths arcade in Atherton to support the Lions Club of Atherton’s Mega Xmas raffle
- Attended the grand opening of the Kennedy’s better home living Innisfail Store, where I also caught up with the Innisfail & District Men’s Shed workers and sampled their great sausage sizzle during the opening.
- Called into the Babinda Ski Park, who are hosting Round 7 of the Waterski Queensland Event, with competitors from across the state, NSW and NT.
- Enjoyed the action packed Tully Bull & Bike Ride event, which locals are still raving about
Nick Dametto, State Member for Hinchinbrook
- Attended Abergowrie State School Premier’s reading challenge Certificate presentation on Tuesday.
- Joined in the celebrations at the Project Booyah graduation & certificate presentation in Kirwan on Wednesday night.
- Paid his respects at the State Funeral for Dr Ernestine ‘Bonita’ Mabo AO in Townsville on Thursday and was present for the Ingham State School Year 6 Graduation that night
- Is attending the .Mayor’s Christmas media function at Townsville Civic Theatre media function Friday night.
Change starts with you