The week that was
The week that was
See what our Members of Parliament, KAP Leader and Federal Member for Kennedy – Bob Katter, KAP State Leader and Member for Traeger – Robbie Katter, Member for Hill – Shane Knuth and Member for Hinchinbrook – Nick Dametto did this week.
Katter’s Australian Party
Bob Katter, Federal Member for Kennedy
Robbie Katter, State Member for Traeger
- Flooding in the north has been the focus of Robbie’s week. He has been in Mount Isa, Cairns, Townsville, Cloncurry and Julia Creek.
- He has been in contact non-stop with farmers who have been deeply affected by what is happening to stock, land and roads.
- Next week he will be visiting Richmond and Cloncurry to survey damage and talk with constituents.
- He has been working hard with all councils in affected areas.
- Robbie also farewelled Steve Wollaston (69) in Mount Isa this week. He was a prominent Mount Isa identity, involved in the RSL, a Vietnam veteran, was involved with Apex and Rotary. He was also campaign manager for three generations of Katter’s. He will be sorely missed.
Shane Knuth, State Member for Hill
Nick Dametto, State Member for Hinchinbrook
- Nick worked tirelessly this week to assist residents impacted by flooding in Townsville, including helping fill sandbags, meeting with flood-affected constituents and organising and delivering donations to help flood victims at community centres.
- Nick also gave an interview with Radio New Zealand about the flooding situation on Townsville on Monday.
- Commented on the tailings dam at the Queensland Nickel refinery was contained during heavy rain in Monday’s The Australian newspaper.
- Featured in a story in Wednesday’s Herbert River Express about what donations were needed for flood victims and the work he has been doing to assist.
- Appeared in a photo accompanying a story about Ingham Family History Association’s “Rediscovering Buk Ti” Chinese historic exhibition.
Change starts with you