The week that was
The week that was
See what our Members of Parliament, KAP Leader and Federal Member for Kennedy – Bob Katter, KAP State Leader and Member for Traeger – Robbie Katter, Member for Hill – Shane Knuth and Member for Hinchinbrook – Nick Dametto did this week.
Katter’s Australian Party
Bob Katter, Federal Member for Kennedy
Robbie Katter, State Member for Traeger
Shane Knuth, State Member for Hill
- Attended the Babinda State School P-12 student leaders ceremony, with Principal Rob O’Brien and Councillor Brett Moller. Congratulations and all the best to those students who have taken on these important school leadership roles.
- Attended the Probus Club of Mission Beach-El Arish AGM. Probus is a social club for retired and semi-retired people, the aim is to alleviate loneliness and isolation by providing members with a range of outings, activities and the opportunity for interpersonal interactions.
- Attended constituent meetings in the Atherton Electorate Office
- Presented the Queensland flag to the Malanda Bowls Club
- Presented the Queensland flag to Great Beginnings Day Care in Atherton
- Took a walk around Malanda, Atherton and Innisfail to discuss issues affecting businesses and local communities
- Looking forward to Babinda Markets this Saturday to have a good yarn to the locals and what might be concerning them
- Attended the Feast of the Senses organisers meeting
- Received great news from Minister Cameron Dick that $3m funding has been approved for the new Tully Grandstand! A big congratulations to the whole community and all stakeholders who have lobbied with us for the funding since 2017, including Cassowary Coast Regional Council’s contribution and money raised from local sporting clubs. At long last Tully will have a grandstand able to accommodate the community.
- Spoke to the Tully State High School student leaders and presented a flag. It’s good to know our country is in safe hands! Thank you to Principal Richard Graham for welcoming us at the school.
- Called in to the Tully tourism information centre to help promote the region and the World Rafting Championships.
- Visited the Atherton Roosters vs Ivanhoes Rugby League trial game at the Mungalli Creek Stadium in Atherton. The Rugby League season has begun.
- I enjoyed a cup tea and catch up with the local Babinda CWA ladies.
- Visited the new Palmerston Hwy sign near Millaa Millaa – we fought with Chamber of Commerce President Pat Reynolds to have TMR change the sign to stop B-Double trucks taking a wrong turn and getting stuck.
- Meetings in the Atherton Electorate Office
- Attended the Ravenshoe Cafe blast Memorial at the Atherton International Club.
Nick Dametto, State Member for Hinchinbrook
- Joined KAP Federal leader Bob Katter and State leader Robbie Katter for a joint press conferences at KAP head office in Townsville to discuss the party’s policy on the Adani rail line, as well as the key policy differences between the KAP, LNP and ALP.
- Met with local cane farmers at Sunnybank near Ingham to discuss drainage issues they are experiencing in the Lower Herbert area on Tuesday before presenting a Queensland flag to members of the Herbert River Museum and Gallery in Halifax.
- Joined officials from miller Wilmar for a tour of their rail infrastructure in the Hebert River area on Wednesday.
- Attended the Cowboys 2019 Season launch in Townsville.
Change starts with you