The week that was
The week that was
See what our Members of Parliament, Honourable Bob Katter, Robbie Katter, Shane Knuth and Nick Dametto got up to this week.
Bob Katter, Federal Member for Kennedy
- Had a great time at the Yarrabah Band Festival which was hosted by the Yarrabah Aboriginal Shire Council
- Spent Wednesday preparing for his meeting with Prime Minister Scott Morrison
- Spoke with Kennedy constituents on a range of issues
- Attended The Kennedy Regiment Legacy – an exhibition of NQ’s First World War heritage – at the Zara Clark Museum in Charters Towers
- On Saturday he will be attending the Recharge ball in Charters Towers
- On Sunday Bob will be commemorating 100 years of remembrance day in Charters Towers
Robbie Katter, State Member for Traeger
- Attended a Flying Fox advisory Committee Meeting in Charters Towers
- Spinifex State College Awards Night in Mount Isa
- A number of radio interviews
- Meet with Cloncurry mayor
- Attended Northern Australia Stakeholder reception
- 100th Commemoration Diner of Armistice Day
- On the weekend will visit VanRook Station
Shane Knuth, State Member for Hill
- Attended the official opening of the administration building refurbishment, prep classroom and general learning area at St Joesph’s School in Atherton.
- Attended the public VMS meeting in Innisfail fighting against the introduction of obligatory VMS. It will hit already struggling fisherman and tourism operators.
- Conducted meetings in the Hill Electorate office.
- I enjoyed attending the Innisfail State College Presentation night. Well done students teachers and staff.
- Attended the Atherton State High School 60th Annual Presentation night.
- It was a honour to present the Senior Academic Awards.
- Caught up with stall holders to discuss issues at Tolga Markets.
- Attended St Rita’s School,South Johnston for a lively and entertaining Melbourne Cup Luncheon.
- Caught up with locals at the Malanda Bull Ride.
- Called in to congratulate the students graduating at the Atherton High School Hub.
Nick Dametto, State Member for Hinchinbrook
- Attended a Lucinda Progress Association meeting on Monday night.
- Celebrated the Race that stops a Nation with revellers at the Project Booyah Townsville Melbourne Cup charity luncheon in Townsville on Tuesday.
- Met with constituents from the northern parts of Hinchinbrook to discuss their issues during his monthly meetings in Cardwell before visiting the indigenous community of Jumbun on Wednesday.
- Dropped by Ingham’s Gilroy Santa Maria College on Thursday morning to assist Year 11 English and Communications students with their assignment on tourism in Hinchinbrook
- Proudly stood with KAP leader Bob Katter as he announced securing up to $234 million in federal funding for Hells Gates Dam Stage 1 and the Hughenden Irrigation Scheme.
- Donated three poppy wreaths this morning to Herbert River RSL Sub-Branch after several were taken by an unknown individual during Anzac Day commemorations this year.
- He will be celebrating 125 years of Macknade State School on Saturday before attending the Italian Street Fiesta in Halifax
- He will be paying his respects at an Ingham Remembrance Day Ceremony on Sunday
- He will continue fighting hard for Hinchinbrook in parliament next week
Change starts with you